Sunshine Lavender Farm and Honeygirl Meadery Present the
16th Annual Open Farm Weekend
June 15thand 16thfrom 9 AM to 4 PM
Sunshine Lavender Farm is a gorgeous agricultural spot north of Chapel Hill in Hurdle Mills. This free event is a blend of farm and art with workshops, shopping, country air, a chance to connect with family and friends all in a beautiful location. The farm is a private residence but is open regularly for tours. You may choose to take a farm tour with the owners to learn how to plant, harvest and preserve this amazing, soothing and sweetly scented herb. Tours will happen throughout the day. Choose to craft with fresh and preserved lavender with the assistance of farm Ambassadors, ongoing during the weekend. Discover hundreds of lavender plants and proven varieties for southern gardens ready to take root in your yard or a favorite container. You may wish to visit the Lavender Garden Shed which will be stocked with handmade lavender items lovingly made in small batches for body, garden, gifts, home and weddings. Lavender items are created from the crop grown using natural practices where no synthetic chemicals of herbicides or pesticides are used. You will find many one-of-a-kind items unique to Sunshine Lavender Farm. Here’s a little of what you have to look forward to:
New Workshops and More!
- Paint Along with a talented artist. Paint NC artists Ellen Williamson will lead you on Saturday morning and Lynda Chambers on Sunday morning. You’ll create your own sunshine-filled work of art at the farm with the guidance from these local experts. Space is limited. Register TODAY.
- Learn to stitch original designs created just for the farm with Jess Faucette, a talented fiber artist from the Savannah College of Art & Design. Space is limited.
- Local farm enthusiast and animal fiber lover, Charlotte Hughes will bring her deep knowledge of fiber to farm guests through two craft opportunities. Sign up for the morning workshop to create a nesting ball craft with animal fiber for the birds. Or, choose to craft an adorable mini llama with animal fiber at the afternoon workshop. Space is limited.
- Create a fresh lavender mini wreath or fondly called a fairy crown from various shades of sweetly scented fresh lavender stems and stuff a sachet with preserved lavender to take home any time during the Open Farm Weekend. For your convenience, pre-order craft tickets when you get your free admission ticket.
- Visiting artists paint and sketch farm scenes. On Sunday, there will be a musician strumming on the farmhouse porch.
- Master Gardeners will be on hand to help answer your most pressing questions about cultivating annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees in the region.
- Learn from the Orange County Beekeepers Association and take home tips to help the pollinators.
- New! Arrive early for Apt. N Coffee. How does a Lavender Latte sound to you?
- Farm fresh lunch will be available too with items created with lavender, courtesy of The Picnic Basket catering. Pre-order lunches as an individual or as a group on a single tab. Check out the 16th Annual Lavender Harvest Celebration Lunch Portal to learn more.
- Enjoy refreshing and lavender-y ice cold treats from Locopops and Harvest’s Table is a brand new nonprofit organized to empower people with disabilities to prepare local, seasonal, healthy and sustainable food will team with their local chef leader to share samples and their vision.
- Back by popular demand, Honeygirl Meadery will join in the fun with tastings, by the sample, the glass or even take a bottle home!
Mini-farmers market with a selection of farms from the Hillsborough Farmers Market.
The farm is open just three days a year. In June, during Open Farm Weekend, while the lavender is in bloom, and just before the crop is harvested, then again in December for the Lavender Holiday Open Farm Day. (Save that date! Saturday, December 14, 2019)
For your comfort, bring a quilt or lawn chair. A hat, water bottle (working hard to be a zero waste/no single use plastic event), sunscreen, garden shears and of course your camera too. No pets, please.
This event is rescheduled due to the lovely unpredictable weather of late May in North Carolina! If you have a ticket already you will receive an email from Eventbrite with instructions.
Realty World Carolina Properties provides a regionally recognized team of realtors and associates who are real estate professionals in Chatham County (Pittsboro, Siler City, New Hill, Chapel Hill, Bynum, Bear Creek), Cary, Apex, Raleigh, Durham and surrounding areas. We have a wide range of Chatham County real estate agents specializing in new construction real estate, horse property real estate, land real estate, commercial real estate, residential real estate, first time home buyer process and Chatham County relocation.